Thursday, October 07, 2004

Coulter Strikes Again

The more I read Ann Coulter, the more I enjoy her writing. In this week's column she lambastes John Edwards' performance in the VP debate, even suggesting that he keep those "girlish hands down." Love that.

Here's my favorite quote, though:

In his rousing closing statement – about himself again – Edwards said, "Here's the truth: I have grown up in the bright light of America." (Technically, it was the not-such-bright-lights who sit on juries that turned Edwards into a multimillionaire trial lawyer.)

Don't get me wrong. I firmly believe there's a place for trial lawyers in America today. They're busy stoking the fires down there in preparation for their arrival.

Just (sorta) kidding. I do happen to be acquainted with trial lawyers who are not only good at what they do, but do it with integrity and are genuinely nice people. They tend not to stay in the business very long.

But I digress. What tickled me about Ann's statement was this campaign ad that popped into my fevered over-campaigned brain immediately after I read it:

John Edwards. Made his millions 12 people at a time. It's time to think outside of the (jury) box. Vote Bush/Cheney.

Note to BC04 campaign strategists: Feel free to use the idea. In fact, don't tell anyone where you got it and I may even donate $5.00 to the campaign this year. That's a %500 percent increase over my previous donations.

No comments: