Tuesday, May 23, 2006

#272 - It Can't Be a Good Thing...

...when the LASlime and I agree on something.

I would have voted no anyway, primarily because I see no reason to set up taxpayer-funded babysitting services. The Slime points out mostly that this is badly designed legislation. They actually support the idea of pre-school, but they bemoan the usual problems: dilution of the existing teacher pool, unfair advantage for "privileged" kids, etc.

My problem with this idea is that parents are entirely too eager to get their little ones out of the house. I see absolutely no benefit to yanking a four-year old away from Mom, cutting their innocent childhood that much shorter, merely so the California Teachers Association can whine for more money and more "qualified" teachers.

Give it a rest, Reiner.

No comments: