Thursday, September 11, 2008

Marking the Day

The seventh anniversary of September 11, 2001. I remember sitting in my cubicle at work, desperately trying to find coverage of the terrible events of that day on the internet. I remember the numbness as the towers collapsed. I remember the cold fury as planes were hijacked to become terrorist tools. I remember deep sorrow at the lives lost because of the violent selfishness of "religious" zealots.

Life presses forward, and I will mark this day by taking my precious family to a local aquarium for a homeschool field trip. I will be thanking my Heavenly Father along the way for living in a day, age, and society where such things are possible in the middle of a work week. And I will remember to send up prayers on behalf of those who continue to fight so that we won't have another 9/11 to deal with on American soil.

If nothing else, this is a bloggy holiday. Hug your family. Pray for someone. Ignore the election for a day.

God bless you.

No comments: