Yesterday was declared by our president as "United Nations Day 2006." I know there may have been a few of you who missed that important date, so let me just say that we here at the Woundup celebrated by waking up, getting showered and dressed, and driving twenty six miles to Seal Beach to give a fifteen minute briefing on a tool that I, er, we did not build. How's that for international diplomacy?
In all seriousness, let's pause for a few moments to recognize the U. N. for everything they've contributed over the past six decades:
1. They, um, they... give me a minute... Okay, they've been squatting on perfectly good land in New York City that otherwise would have become tenement apartments by now. They are welcome.
2. They also get nifty license plates that pretty much allow them to park on the same sidewalks where NY taxis are trying to drive.
3. They spend a fair amount of time vetoing anything the United States puts forward for discussion.
4. They keep Kofi Annan from participating directly in his family scandals.
5. Let's not forget serving as a platform for every U.S.-hating socialist who carries a grudge and a picture of Cindy Sheehan in his wallet.
I know I sure feel grateful.
Trey Gowdy, We’re Going to Miss You
1 hour ago