Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Marijuana - The Board Game

Via Dave Barry's blog comes this corker, just in time for the holidays.

The game, in theory, shows the dangers inherent in running a marijuana farm in the Great North. Apparently the brainchild of a reformed pot farmer, it runs players through all the excitement of raids, having property confiscated and crops destroyed, all from the safety of your living room.

Still, as Cpl. Scott Rintoul of the RCMP Drug Awareness Squad (Note to Mom: It'd be nice if this Rintoul was related, eh? Need to check to see if any of our northern Rintouls came from or migrated farther north!) points out: "It's not a game." He expresses concern that this game does nothing to point out the dangers to the "victims of organized crime."

Indeed.

Well, here's one game I don't feel any particular need to support. Still, at nearly $40 a pop, I'm pretty sure a certain reformed pot farmer won't be missing his former cash crop too badly this Christmas.

Give me a few years and I'll be playing a game of my own devising with my girls. I call it "Marijuana - Killer Weed." I'm sure liberals will find it quite as funny as "Reefer Madness."

I'm equally certain my girls won't.

No comments: