Over at Hot Air, you can see video of President HopenChange swatting a fly. This reminds me of something... now where have I heard this before...
Ah, of course. The Valiant Little Tailor. In this classic Grimm tale, a tailor kills seven flies with a single swat. He then sets up a life of adventure and eventual leisure by cashing in on his unearned fame. For the most part, the tailor uses deception and parlor tricks to acheive his purposes, and is ultimately rewarded by gaining the King's daughter in marriage.
Obama's claims of "creating and saving jobs" seem to hearken back to this fairy tale. Using little more than smoke and mirrors, he claims that his so-called stimulus program has created and/or saved hundreds of thousands of jobs, even as more and more people find their jobs evaporating into thin air. Unemployment has already hit that danger zone that we were warned would happen without the stimulus, so I'm not sure why his claims continue to be touted by his ever-adoring press corps. Or should that be "press corpse?"
Anyway, our Tailor-in-Chief has a few more flies to swat before anyone will be truly impressed with his abilities. In no particular order, those flies would be:
- Balancing the budget
- Healthcare reform rather than socialized medicine
- Removal of government from private enterprise
- Abeying and dismantling the nuclear threat in North Korea
- Making good on his promise to be transparent (in re: the firing of Gerald Walpin), and
- Understanding the nature of terrorists and their organizations before attempting to deal with them