Monday, May 05, 2008

Stephen King Channels John Kerry

Look, I know the man is some sort of literary demi-god. I'm probably too illiterate myself to bother reading one of his books. (Or, maybe, it's just that I don't appreciate his particular genré.) And, sure, he's great friends with Dave Barry. But for an author who (I would hope) reads as much as he writes, this is an ignorant statement.

As John Kerry before him, King makes the crass assumption that only ignorant people end up in the armed forces, serving in Iraq. Once again we see the tolerance of the progressive movement as King insults those who willingly serve their country.

It helped cost Kerry his candidacy. I hope this costs King some sales.

Whatever a person's thoughts or feelings may be about the war with Iraq or the administration in general, insulting our courageous soldiers accomplishes nothing but point out a person's own peculiar prejudices. Man Serves Country = Ignorant Tool of Administration is getting old, people. Too old.

King needs to apologize, quickly, lest he find himself on the receiving end of some less-than-gracious sentiments.

No comments: