Wednesday, January 10, 2007

New Jersey to (Finally) Allow Idiots to Vote

or, "Haven't They All Been Elected to the State Legislature Already?"

(H/T: Dave Barry)

It isn't often that a state political machine offers insights to its inner workings. Heck, once upon a time someone told me that California is a state run by liberals for the benefit of other liberals, but I've never really believed that. I mean, I sure as heck don't know what goes on in Sacramento, and neither, I suspect, do the politicians.

Anyway, via Dave Barry's blog we find this beautiful peek "behind the scenes" in New Jersey. Apparently, the only way the current vacuum bag of leaders can stay in power is if they allow idiots to vote. Thus, they must remove the restrictions against "idiots" from their constitution so that those with certain mental illnesses will be allowed to vote.

I'd say we should adopt such a policy here in California, but I'm pretty sure we've been allowing them to vote here for decades.

Please don't get me wrong: I have nothing against those with mental challenges, per se. I'm just dying of curiosity to see who in New Jersey will make the determination as to who would be eligible (or ineligible, for that matter) to vote in their state.

This just screams out for discrimination lawsuits.

Oughta be fun to watch.

No comments: